Sunday, August 22, 2010

little mountain, my foot!

My family along with my parents and 3 of my 4 siblings all went to Little Rock last weekend for my cousin's wedding. It was so great to all be there together again after so many years away. When my grandparents were living we would go frequently and my brothers and sisters and I have such great memories of our time there. In an effort in nostalgia, the boys decided to climb Pinnacle Mt., which we used to do every year with my grandparents. We remembered it being a big mountain, but were convinced that it must have seemed big because we were small. Boy, were we wrong. Not only is it big, but there is also a difficult side and an easy side you can climb. Anyone want to guess which side my brother lead all the guys (including our little boys) up? Opps! They ended up hiking straight up Pinnacle Mountain in the blistering heat, but they had a ball. And, Herny has not stopped talking about climbing a "real" mountain.
On Sunday, Henry's actual birthday, my Aunt Meredith had a birthday brunch for Henry, Taylor and Chandler. It was a fun celebration with the cousins! Thanks, Meredith for making it such a special day for the kids!


The kids were exhausted on the way home. I'd say that is a great indiction that they had a fun weekend!


More birthday celebrations to come...



5 comments:

Missy @ It's Almost Naptime said...

Angie - do you know who these people are? Is this you?

http://angiemccuiston.blogpsot.com/

angie said...

yes, this is my blog.

Missy @ It's Almost Naptime said...

Did you click above? the one about the end times?

just trying to clarify which ones are yours, because the blogspot is spelled wrong in the other one, so I was confused.

angie said...

did not even realized it was spelled wrong. sorry! I am at angiemccuiston.blogspot.com

Julie said...

You know what's so funny? I had the same memories of Pinnacle Mtn...thinking it wasn't that big and when we lived in Little Rock Leslie Mayo came to visit me and she wanted to do something outdoorsy even though she was 8 months prego. So I suggested we do this "little" hike. Girl is lucky she didn't give birth at the top!!!